Ms. Telesford’s classes (Homework Packet)
Homework for the week of 11/26/12-11/30/12
Homework will be collected every Friday. Place all homework in a homework folder. Homework will NOT be collected without being in a folder.
11/26/12 Monday Homework#24
(Writing) There is controversy (debate) surrounding the idea of the “death penalty.” Do you believe that the death penalty is justified? Create a one paragraph argument. Use examples to support your claim.
(Reading) Create 5 sentences using the vocabulary word of the day “vigorously.” Read pages 42-54. Answer the following questions:
- How is little man’s anger a result of his environment?
- What are the children trying to avoid on their way to school?
- What revenge did Cassie and her siblings take on the white school children and bus driver?
11/27/12 Tuesday Homework#25
(Writing) How do we know that Little Man is oblivious (unaware) of his environment? Use examples from the text. Write your answer in one paragraph.
(Reading) Create 5 sentences using the vocabulary word of the day “admonish”. Read pages 69-82. Answer the following questions:
1. What is Cassie and her siblings worried about?
2. What happened to Mr. Tatum? What does what happened to him reflect on the environment he lives in?
3. Why do you think Ms. Logan moved Mr. Morrison to the tenant shack?
11/27/12 Wednesday Homework#26
(Writing) Mr. Turner tells Ms. Logan that he has no choice but to shop at the Wallace’s store because he does not have cash. As a result of not having cash, he is has to use credit in the store. Was there ever a situation where you had felt you had no choice? Write your answer in one paragraph.
(Reading) Create 5 sentences using the vocabulary word of the day “intermingle”. Read pages 90-101. Answer the following questions:
1. Who is Edward? What work did he do?
2. Why doesn’t Big Ma want to sell the land?
3. Why did Ms. Logan take her children to see Mr. Berry?
11/29/12 Thursday Homework#26
(Writing) As a child, we don’t know everything that happens around us because our parents try to protect us from the outside world. What have you come to learn about as you have grown older? Write your answer in one paragraph.
(Reading) Create 5 sentences using the vocabulary word of the day “envisioned”. Read pages 69-82. Answer the following questions:
- What does Stacey mean by, “there’s things you don’t understand, Cassy” (104). In other words, what doesn’t Cassy understand?
- Why does Uncle Hammer take Cassy’s story, of what happened to her, personal?
Study for Monday’s quiz