DRESS FOR SUCCESS!
All students at NWP will wear uniforms. School uniforms must be purchased from Kids Place, located at 1541 Forest Avenue, Unit #16 . NWP has a dress code to establish a neat appearance and avoid disruptions in the school environment. The uniform also establishes a sense of community, professionalism, and team spirit. To belong to NWP is to identify you as a hard working, motivated individual willing to work harder to achieve your dreams.
All NWP Uniform items, except for bottoms, MUST be purchased at Kids Place. Each day the students are expected to dress according to the following standards:
- Uniform Polo: Short or long sleeve polo shirt with the school logo.
- Uniform Sweatshirt: Green half-zip sweatshirt with the school logo.
- Oxford Shirt: White oxford shirt with green NWP tie.
- Uniform V-Neck: Green V-neck sweater with school logo with a white oxford shirt underneath.
- Sweatpants/Shorts (GYM DAYS ONLY): Green sweatpants or shorts with NWP logo.
- Sweatshirt/T-Shirt (GYM DAYS ONLY): Green sweatshirt or t-shirt with NWP logo.
- Black, white, or brown athletic footwear, boots or dress shoes
- Uniform Bottoms: Khaki colored pants, shorts, or skirts.
(Bottoms do not have to be purchased through the uniform company.)
- Pants for both male and female students must be secure around the waist. NO SAGGING!
Students are NOT permitted to wear:
- Jackets, hooded sweatshirts, or any shirt that does not have a NWP logo inside the school building. (Winter Jackets for extreme cold weather are the only exception.)
- Clothing that is oversized or does not fit appropriately.
- Hats, hoods, do-rags, or other head coverings. (Appropriate parental documentation is required when head coverings are worn for religious purposes.)
NOTE: Any head wear confiscated will only be returned to a parent/guardian.
- Clothing with unsuitable slogans or sayings (at the discretion of school administration.)
- Clothing that can be classified as unsafe or gang related (e.g. bandanas, beads, etc. at the discretion of the school administration.)
- Excessive or inappropriate display of jewelry (at the discretion of the school administration.)
- Sandals or open toe shoes.
DRESS FOR SUCCESS!
CONSEQUENCES FOR VIOLATING DRESS CODE
Infractions will be routed to the Advisory Teacher, who will then follow through with the appropriate discipline actions. The following policy applies to the entire year:
|Sixth Violation (and thereafter)||